Reading to Success
Reading to Success is YPAM's original weekly literacy program, for children in JK to Grade 2 and for children in independent education plan (IEP), a critical stage for cognitive development through reading comprehension. Volunteer reading mentors create a child-centred environment that is customized to individual needs. Motivating children and parents to read regularly is one of the main reasons for YPAM's existence. Sustained reading practice benefits adults and children by increasing vocabulary, strengthening analytical and writing skills, training mental focus and memory.
Advantages of reading:
- Increases knowledge of personal vocabulary
- Strengthened analytical skills
- Development in writing skills
- Improvement of concentration ability
- Increased knowledge through memory
Reading skills are the foundation to education!